In our highly mechanized world, cranes are the workhorses that have increased economic growth and productivity in construction, mining, logging, maritime, production and service facilities.
Mobile cranes are versatile machines that can be used for many job applications from loading and unloading materials to placing those materials or personnel at heights hundreds of feet high.
Mobile cranes come in all sizes and are used to lift everything from small loads to loads in excess of 75 tons.
Training is needed to ensure safe operation and productivity. This online Boom Truck safety training course meets OSHA requirements for powered industrial boom trucks.
- Anatomy of the crane
- The importance of daily inspections
- Crane stability and load charts
- Safety considerations of crane setup
- Communication and hand signals
- Basic rigging principles
- Safe inspect and use of lifting slings
- 'Critical lifts' and the planning required
- The 6 most common hazards associated with crane operation