Transportation laws are put in place to ensure public safety and to prevent damage to roadways. As a commercial vehicle operator, it's crucial that you understand and follow your province's transportation laws. This Alberta Commercial Vehicle Weights and Dimensions course is designed as a general guideline to help you understand Alberta weight and dimension limits and the importance of adhering to them.
- Factors that influence commercial vehicle weight allowances
- The legal load limit, required safety measures, and related exemptions
- Factors that determine the maximum allowable length for a vehicle and load
- The difference between primary highways and local roadways
- Road bans and their impact on you
- Conditions under which an over-dimensional permit must be obtained and used